Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Hugh Acland <hu...@googlemail.com> on 2007/07/31 12:10:21 UTC

DLL files for connecting Apache Httpd and Tomcat

Hi,

I am hosting multiple sites on one Windows 2003 box using Apache 2.2.4 The
sites are all built on Joomla 1.4 and therefore I have PHP 5.2.1 and MySql
installed. Everything works fine.

I also have Tomcat 5.5 installed and running happily on port 8080. I now
have need to build a site using JSP/servlets but naturally I need to pass
the requests for JSPs through the webserver to Tomcat as I want access to
the site through port 80. I have done this before a few years ago but now I
can not find the required mod_jk2- 2.43.dll

The official Apache binary download page at

http://www.apache.org/dist/tomcat/tomcat-connectors/jk/binaries/win32/jk-1.2.23/

purports to being for Win32 but other than the ISAPI_redirect DLL files the
rest are .so files for UNIX/linux. Is this an oversight on Apache's part?
I would really appreciate help on getting this issue sorted. I know it can
be done but I can not find the correct files anywhere and I don't fancy
building from source.

As a follow up to the original question: could a link the Apache httpd
server with the Tomcat container in Glassfish? I would ideally like to have
a full J2EE server.

Many thanks

Hugh Acland

Re: DLL files for connecting Apache Httpd and Tomcat

Posted by Rainer Jung <ra...@kippdata.de>.
Hi Hugh,

jk autoconf is broken for quite some time now. You can use mod_jk
without autoconf, but you will need a little time to setup the config.
There are a couple of descriptions concerning configuration in the JK docs.

We might repair autoconf some time, but you shouldn't really use it at
the moment. It's not only a question of making it spit out a
configuration, but also about how good this configuration is.

The core feature of autoconf was, that it knows, which contexts are
deployed in Tomcat, so it can set up JkMount directives. Also it knows,
which port the AJP connector listens to. Both things can be really
easily setup by hand.

As a starter, read

http://tomcat.apache.org/connectors-doc/generic_howto/quick.html

and when it works, go deeper into the documentation to read more about
better production settings.

Regards,

Rainer

Posted by Hugh Acland <hu...@googlemail.com>.