Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by "Dennis E. Hamilton" <de...@acm.org> on 2012/05/10 17:56:47 UTC

[OT] Blog Engines/comments (was RE: Fwd: Performance!)

I sympathize with the use of a flat-file system for posting articles.  Hey, no XSS defects, no query support, no problems with bugs in an intermediary publishing system that corrupts the blog archives, no time spent figuring out how to prevent spam comments, etc.

I started with a blog engine when I started blogging in 2002, but I stick with ones that publish flat files on a server space of mine that I can preserve and keep on-line even if the engine becomes obsolete and I have to do something else.

I may have to change engines again since it takes too much to be my own IT and administrator for the one I am still migrating to since Blogger stopped supporting static FTP posting to an user's own domain.

Have you considered DISQUS, since it will work on your pages but it is an external service?  I've never quite got the habit, but it might suit you.  Or agree on a de.licio.us tag that applies to your blog, so folks could comment there and find them.  (Have you got a twitter ID too?  I don't recall if I've seen you that way.)

 - Dennis