Posted to dev@apr.apache.org by "Yonts, Richard" <Ri...@smss.sony.com> on 2010/03/18 18:15:15 UTC

Question about LoadModule inside container

An Apache server was misconfigured where a LoadModule directive was inside a <VirtualHost *:444> definition.  I have found  a smattering of documentation saying that the LoadModule must be in the server context, not a container context.  Assuming is correct, I have a question about what I did observe.

My module created a server configuration and initialized it, one flag of which was that the initialization was complete.  When a Location directive was hit, the initialized data gets displayed.  Here is the oddity: When I hit the Location from anything other than port 444, I would see the initialized data; however, when I hit the Location using port 444, the data was uninitialized.  Why?

I would expect that the port 444 config block would be the initialized one and every other one would be uninitialized, but I observed the exact opposite.  I think that in this case there would be two server config blocks, one for 444 and one in general.  Of course, I can find no documentation to explain this, and possibly it needs no explanation, but does anyone have a reasonable idea as to what is going on?

I moved the LoadModule outside the virtual container and all works as expected; I simply remain puzzled why it broke "backwards".

Thank you,

Rich Yonts
sola fide, sola gratia, solus Christus, sola Scriptura, soli Deo gloria

Re: Question about LoadModule inside container

Posted by Jeff Trawick <tr...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Mar 18, 2010 at 1:15 PM, Yonts, Richard
<Ri...@smss.sony.com> wrote:
> An Apache server was misconfigured where a LoadModule directive was inside a
> <VirtualHost *:444> definition.

Please use dev@httpd.apache.org for this.
(Hi, Rich)