Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Rich Bowen <rb...@rcbowen.com> on 2012/10/10 17:54:54 UTC

Permission to publish Allura website?

The Incubator docs state:

The website is published by checking out the content from SVN into the directory/www/incubator.apache.org/content/podlingname on people.apache.org.

When I try to do this, I get

> svn checkout https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/allura/site allura
svn: E000013: Can't make directory '/x1/www/incubator.apache.org/content/allura': Permission denied

Can I get added to the right group to be able to do this? Or should I open an infra ticket for that?

--
Rich Bowen
rbowen@rcbowen.com :: @rbowen

Re: Permission to publish Allura website?

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 10 October 2012 16:54, Rich Bowen <rb...@rcbowen.com> wrote:
> The Incubator docs state:
>
> The website is published by checking out the content from SVN into the directory/www/incubator.apache.org/content/podlingname on people.apache.org.
>
> When I try to do this, I get
>
>> svn checkout https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/allura/site allura
> svn: E000013: Can't make directory '/x1/www/incubator.apache.org/content/allura': Permission denied
>

> Can I get added to the right group to be able to do this? Or should I open an infra ticket for that?

AFAIK, new sites have to use svnpubsub, (plus CMS if required).
The process needs to be initiated by INFRA.