Posted to xindice-users@xml.apache.org by se...@web.de on 2001/12/27 12:53:47 UTC

http, gopher and other servers

Hi,
when starting xindice it starts a http, gopher and another server (APIService ?) on port 10XY. Which of them are really neccessary to run xindice using all features provided? I use b4 and standard java interface (so no xml-rpc).

thankx and i wish you happy new year
Seb

Re: http, gopher and other servers

Posted by Kimbro Staken <ks...@dbxmlgroup.com>.
You can not remove the HTTP server, it bootstraps connections to the
APIService.

On Thursday, December 27, 2001, at 07:49 AM, <se...@web.de> wrote:

> ok. so i could remove the http and gopher services in the system.xml ? my
> problem is: doing so i get an exception that it is not possible to connect
> to db.
>
> seb

Kimbro Staken
XML Database Software, Consulting and Writing
http://www.xmldatabases.org/

Re: http, gopher and other servers

Posted by se...@web.de.

Posted by Kimbro Staken <ks...@dbxmlgroup.com>.