Posted to user@predictionio.apache.org by Harsh Mathur <ha...@gmail.com> on 2016/11/22 14:47:04 UTC

Scala 2.11 with PredictionIO

Hi,
I wanted to use spark 2.x series and it is built with scala 2.11.
But PIO is built with 2.10.4. I stumbled upon these two links.

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PIO-30
https://github.com/apache/incubator-predictionio/pull/295/

What should I do in meantime?
Regards
Harsh Mathur
harshmathur.1990@gmail.com

*“Perseverance is the hard work you do after you get tired of doing the
hard work you already did."*

Re: Scala 2.11 with PredictionIO

Posted by Chan Lee <ch...@gmail.com>.
Hi Harsh,

There's an open PR for cross-building scala 2.11 and Spark 2.0:
https://github.com/apache/incubator-predictionio/pull/295

This is only a prototype, and would require some additional changes to get
it working with the current Apache version. But you can look at this as
reference. We are planning on integrating newer version of Scala/Spark with
PredictionIO in the near future. We'd appreciate any comments/suggestions.

Chan

Posted by Harsh Mathur <ha...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Pat Ferrel <pa...@occamsmachete.com>.
I would not try Scala 2.11 or Spark 2.x. These will require both PredictionIO and templates to be ported and these on the roadmap but not even started.

On Nov 22, 2016, at 6:47 AM, Harsh Mathur <ha...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi,
I wanted to use spark 2.x series and it is built with scala 2.11.
But PIO is built with 2.10.4. I stumbled upon these two links.

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PIO-30 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PIO-30>
https://github.com/apache/incubator-predictionio/pull/295/ <https://github.com/apache/incubator-predictionio/pull/295/>

What should I do in meantime?
Regards
Harsh Mathur
harshmathur.1990@gmail.com <ma...@gmail.com>

“Perseverance is the hard work you do after you get tired of doing the hard work you already did."