Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Ray Allis <ra...@boeing.com> on 2000/11/02 22:53:31 UTC

Re: Tomcat 4.0 Milestone 4 - cocoon security problem?

"Craig R. McClanahan" wrote:

> Could you try me an experiment?
>
> * Comment out the <servlet> declaration
>   for the JSP servlet in
>   $CATALINA_HOME/conf/web.xml

I must not be commenting correctly; if I comment this out I get
"Page contains no data" on http://memes.sea.boeing.com:8080
(index.html).

> * Temporarily remove "crimson.jar" and "jaxp.jar"
>   from $CATALINA_HOME/lib
>
> * Restart and see if Cocoon works

Well, yes! It does!  Of course JSP doesn't. (web.xml is unchanged)

> If you need Cocoon *and* JSP, I don't have a good answer for you right at the moment ...
>
> Craig McClanahan

Well, I -can- run two tomcats for a while; this is only a demo system,
after all.
(And actually I prefer XSP to JSP anyway ;))

Thanks!

Ray Allis