Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Aaron Mulder <am...@alumni.princeton.edu> on 2004/11/14 02:58:02 UTC

Geronimo M3 Installer

All,
	I've created (and now posted!) an installer package of Geronimo.
It's JAR you download, and then run "java -jar installer.jar" to install.
When you do that, you get a little wizard that prompts you for license,
install dir, default username/PW, default ports, etc.  This is kind of a
"beta" since it hasn't been widely tested.
	Which brings us to the point of this message.  Please download
this and give it a shot, and reply with any feedback.  Thanks!

Download:
http://cvs.apache.org/dist/geronimo/v1.0-M3/geronimo-1.0-M3-installer.jar

Install:
java -jar geronimo-1.0-M3-installer.jar   (must be JDK 1.4+)

Aaron

Re: Geronimo M3 Installer

Posted by Peter Nabbefeld <Pe...@gmx.de>.
Hi Aaron,

I'm currently running the installer. After installation (11/11), the
list of installed packages appears in the installer window. Next window
tells me to read some information. I've tried to go to previous page
then, just to look again at the installed modules: Now the installer
says "x/22" and installes modules once more. Is it possible, to set a
flag in the installer "Already installed" and suppress this "updating"?

Kind regards

Peter Nabbefeld