Posted to dev@spamassassin.apache.org by Justin Mason <jm...@jmason.org> on 2004/09/07 07:39:29 UTC

new tool for website -- versioned configuration reference

After some thinking about how Apache and PHP.net both provide
configuration/settings documentation on their sites, I came up with
this:

  http://spamassassin.apache.org/tmp/ref/report_safe.html
  http://spamassassin.apache.org/tmp/ref/

I'm not entirely sure how useful this is -- on one hand, it's
a great way to point to a single configuration setting.  OTOH,
it's another thing that can break, so I want to make sure >1
people think it's useful first ;)

TODO:

    - good index page

    - permuted index

    - contents by setting type/subtype

--j.

Re: new tool for website -- versioned configuration reference

Posted by Daniel Quinlan <qu...@pathname.com>.
jm@jmason.org (Justin Mason) writes:

> I'm not entirely sure how useful this is -- on one hand, it's
> a great way to point to a single configuration setting.  OTOH,
> it's another thing that can break, so I want to make sure >1
> people think it's useful first ;)

Interesting.

Why not have different subdirectories for each version?  Easier and less
apt to break.  Maybe have a version selector from a menu like CPAN.

Also, does this handle the configuration documentation changing slightly
from version to version?  They all appear to be the same.

Daniel

--
Daniel Quinlan
http://www.pathname.com/~quinlan/