Posted to dev@myriad.apache.org by Zhongyue Luo <zh...@gmail.com> on 2015/04/21 13:21:13 UTC

Some thoughts after a crash course installation

Hi team,

I finally got Myriad installed in our small Mesos cluster but I have some
questions regarding Myriads implementation.

I see that each slave needs a JRE and Hadoop binaries extracted in
HADOOP_HOME.

I understand why JRE is required on each slave but why the Hadoop binary
files?

Shouldn't the files needed for executing a Node manager be placed in the
Myriad executor?

Or is this a feature not yet implemented?

I haven't yet seen Myriad's source code yet but it would be cool if someone
in the list could help me out here. Thanks.

--
*Intel SSG/STO/BDT*
880 Zixing Road, Zizhu Science Park, Minhang District, 200241, Shanghai,

Re: Some thoughts after a crash course installation

Posted by Zhongyue Luo <zh...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Darin. Just what I was looking for.

It would be nice to see the binaries get distributed remotely soon.

Posted by Darin Johnson <db...@gmail.com>.