Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Vincent Massol <vm...@octo.com> on 2002/08/09 18:24:55 UTC

Exec error from time to time on Linux

Hi,

>From time to time I get the following error on a Linux machine :

"exec returned: 143"

The faulty code in build.xml is :

<exec os="Linux" executable="sh" failonerror="true">
    <arg line="work/deliver-local.sh"/>
</exec>

Actually this error happens at various places in my build.xml but always
when doing an <exec>. One day it is one, another day it is at another
place ...

The worse is that it can run 2 days with no error and then will fail 3
times in a row.

I am a bit stuck to diagnosis the problem. Would any of you have any
idea ?

Thanks a lot
-Vincent

RE: Exec error from time to time on Linux

Posted by Vincent Massol <vm...@octo.com>.
Thanks Geoff but it does not help. Please find attached the output when
run with the -debug flag.

Any other idea ? :-)

I mean anything that could point me in the direction would be great ...
The only information I have found is that 143 means that some data was
sent on a socket shutdown (or something like this). The only socket I
can think of is the on between Ant and the process it starts.

Thanks
-Vincent

<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>
<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>