Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Ji...@orcz.cz on 2003/02/10 14:43:26 UTC

Picture files without extension

Some function (which I cannot modify) in my appliaction generates picture
files in jpg format, but the files don't have .jpg extension. Am I able
somehow to render them in fop ?

I tried this:

<fo:external-graphic width="2cm" height="2.5cm" content-type="image/jpeg">
<xsl:attribute name="src"><xsl:value-of select="Photo"/></xsl:attribute>
</fo:external-graphic>

, but it reports this exception :

Error in content-type property value 'image/jpeg':
org.apache.fop.fo.expr.PropertyException: illegal character

Re: Picture files without extension

Posted by "J.Pietschmann" <j3...@yahoo.de>.
Jeremias Maerki wrote:
> Remove the content-type attribute (It's not properly implemented AFAIK).

I'm not sure whether content-type is used at all, but this
   content-type="image/jpeg"
is illegal, according to the spec:
   http://www.w3.org/TR/xsl/slice7.html#content-type
is should be
   content-type="content-type:image/jpeg"
I guess FOP tries to parse the content-type as something
else. No, I didn't try...

J.Pietschmann

Re: Picture files without extension

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@greenmail.ch>.
Remove the content-type attribute (It's not properly implemented AFAIK).
FOP should be able to correctly identify that your file is JPEG.

On 10.02.2003 14:43:26 Jiri_Nejedly wrote:
> Some function (which I cannot modify) in my appliaction generates picture
> files in jpg format, but the files don't have .jpg extension. Am I able
> somehow to render them in fop ?
>
> I tried this:
>
> <fo:external-graphic width="2cm" height="2.5cm" content-type="image/jpeg">
> <xsl:attribute name="src"><xsl:value-of select="Photo"/></xsl:attribute>
> </fo:external-graphic>
>
> , but it reports this exception :
>
> Error in content-type property value 'image/jpeg':
> org.apache.fop.fo.expr.PropertyException: illegal character

Jeremias Maerki