Posted to dev@ode.apache.org by Matheswaran Nachimuthu <ma...@infosys.com> on 2009/02/16 10:37:25 UTC

Problems faced in ODE 1.2

Hi,

We have now upgraded our ODE version from 1.1.1 to 1.2. But we face few
issues in it.

1. We have configured the endpoint properties file with mex.timeout property
but it seems the engine still doesnt take this property. We found this
because we have configured it as 3 mins but the engine receives the callback
even after 3 mins. [Please clarify and correct me if i am wrong in any
place]
2. We have migrated from ode 1.1.1 to 1.2 mainly to minimize the ode_event
table entries but it seems it is still growning. Also give me the ode 1.2
clean-up scripts if you have it

Thanks in Advance

Regards,
Matheswaran N

Re: Problems faced in ODE 1.2

Posted by Alex Boisvert <bo...@intalio.com>.
On Mon, Feb 16, 2009 at 1:37 AM, Matheswaran Nachimuthu <
matheswaran_n@infosys.com> wrote:

> 1. We have configured the endpoint properties file with mex.timeout
> property
> but it seems the engine still doesnt take this property. We found this
> because we have configured it as 3 mins but the engine receives the
> callback
> even after 3 mins. [Please clarify and correct me if i am wrong in any
> place]

This property is only available in Ode 1.x branch (and will be available in
the soon-to-be-released 1.3)

> 2. We have migrated from ode 1.1.1 to 1.2 mainly to minimize the ode_event
> table entries but it seems it is still growning. Also give me the ode 1.2
> clean-up scripts if you have it

You should probably disable event generation to some level.

http://ode.apache.org/user-guide.html#UserGuide-ODEExecutionEvents

alex

Re: Problems faced in ODE 1.2

Posted by Matheswaran Nachimuthu <ma...@infosys.com>.
Hi,

Today i have looked into the ODEService.java of the ode code and found that
getTimeout() method is not at all called, because the
odeMex.getOperation().getOutput() is null. Was this timeout related to a
sync callback or async callback? Pleaes clarify..

Regards,
Matheswaran N