Posted to dev@pig.apache.org by Olga Natkovich <ol...@yahoo-inc.com> on 2009/06/26 02:17:15 UTC

Pig 0.3.0 is released!

Pig Team is happy to announce Pig 0.3.0 release!

Pig is a Hadoop subproject that provides high-level data-flow language
and an execution framework for parallel computation on a Hadoop cluster.
More details about Pig can be found at http://hadoop.apache.org/pig/.

The highlight of this release is multiquery performance optimization
that allows to share computation accross multiple queries within the
same Pig script.The details of the release can be found at
http://hadoop.apache.org/pig/releases.html

Olga

RE: Pig 0.3.0 is released!

Posted by Olga Natkovich <ol...@yahoo-inc.com>.
In our tests we see from 20% to about 8x speedup depending on a query.

You can see the numbers at the bottom of

http://wiki.apache.org/pig/PigMultiQueryPerformanceSpecification

Olga

Re: Pig 0.3.0 is released!

Posted by Alan Gates <ga...@yahoo-inc.com>.