Posted to dev@wicket.apache.org by Rory O'Donnell <ro...@oracle.com> on 2020/05/22 08:21:14 UTC

OpenJDK 15 EA build 24 is now available

Hi Martin,

OpenJDK 15 EA build 24 is now available at http://jdk.java.net/15 *
*

  * These early-access , open-source builds are provided under the
      o GNU General Public License, version 2, with the Classpath
        Exception <http://openjdk.java.net/legal/gplv2+ce.html>.
  * Features
      o Proposed to target JDK 15
          + JEP 383 <https://openjdk.java.net/jeps/383> Foreign-Memory
            Access API (Second Incubator)
      o Targeted to JDK 15
          + JEP 360 <http://openjdk.java.net/jeps/360> Sealed Classes
            (Preview)
          + JEP 379 <https://openjdk.java.net/jeps/379> Shenandoah: A
            Low-Pause-Time Garbage Collector (Production)
      o Integrated in JDK 15
          + JEP 339 <http://openjdk.java.net/jeps/339> Edwards-Curve
            Digital Signature Algorithm (EdDSA)
          + JEP 371 <http://openjdk.java.net/jeps/371> Hidden Classes
          + JEP 372 <http://openjdk.java.net/jeps/372> Remove the
            Nashorn JavaScript Engine
          + *JEP 373 <https://openjdk.java.net/jeps/373>**Reimplement
            the Legacy DatagramSocket API*
          + JEP 374 <http://openjdk.java.net/jeps/374> Disable and
            Deprecate Biased Locking
          + JEP 375 <https://openjdk.java.net/jeps/375> Pattern Matching
            for instanceof (Second Preview)
          + JEP 377 <http://openjdk.java.net/jeps/377>  ZGC: A Scalable
            Low-Latency Garbage Collector
          + JEP 378 <http://openjdk.java.net/jeps/378> Text Blocks
          + JEP 381 <https://openjdk.java.net/jeps/381> Remove the
            Solaris and SPARC Ports
          + JEP 384 <https://openjdk.java.net/jeps/384> Records (Second
            Preview)
  * Changes in recent builds that maybe of interest:
      o build 24
          + *JEP 373 <https://openjdk.java.net/jeps/373>**Reimplement
            the Legacy DatagramSocket API *(JDK-8241072
            <https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8241072>)
          + *JEP 374 <http://openjdk.java.net/jeps/374> *Disable and
            Deprecate Biased Locking (JDK-8231264
            <https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8231264>)
          + Support for Unicode 13.0**(JDK-8239383
            <https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8239383>)
          + Incorrect Man pages of Javadocs tool (JDK-8238697
            <https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8238697>)
              # reported by Apache Lucene
          + 32-bit builds are broken after JDK-8242524 (JDK-8245070
            <https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8245070>)
              # Reported by JaCoCo*
                *
      o build 23
          + localizedBy() should override localized values with default
            values (JDK-8244245
            <https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8244245>)
          + Add revocation checking to jarsigner (JDK-8242060)
            <https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8242060>
      o build 22
          + Deprecate -XX:ForceNUMA option (JDK-8243628
            <https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8243628>)
          + Removal of Comodo Root CA Certificate (JDK-8225069
            <https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8225069>)
          + Removal of DocuSign Root CA Certificate (JDK-8225068
            <https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8225068>)

  * Project Lanai Early-Access Builds - Build 15-lanai+1-101 (2020/5/14)
      o These builds are intended for developers looking to test and
        provide feedback on using Project Lanai, which implements a new
        Java 2D graphics rendering pipeline for macOS.
      o These builds are based upon the latest state of the current in
        development JDK, and so may contain new features and unresolved
        bugs unrelated to Project Lanai.
      o These early-access , open-source builds are provided under the
          + GNU General Public License, version 2, with the Classpath
            Exception <http://openjdk.java.net/legal/gplv2+ce.html>.
      o Please send feedback via e-mail to lanai-dev@openjdk.java.net
        <ma...@openjdk.java.net>. To send e-mail to this
        address you must first subscribe to the mailing list
        <https://mail.openjdk.java.net/mailman/listinfo/lanai-dev>.
  * Project Loom Early-Access Builds - Build 15-loom+7-141 (2020/5/11)
      o These builds are intended for developers looking to "kick the
        tyres" and provide feedback on using the API or by sending bug
        reports. Warning: This build is based on an incomplete version
        of JDK 15 <http://openjdk.java.net/projects/jdk/15/>.
      o Please send feedback via e-mail to loom-dev@openjdk.java.net
        <ma...@openjdk.java.net>. To send e-mail to this
        address you must first subscribe to the mailing list
        <http://mail.openjdk.java.net/mailman/listinfo/loom-dev>.

*The **Java Crypto Roadmap** has been updated [2]*

Rgds,Rory

[1] http://jdk.java.net/15/release-notes
[2] https://www.java.com/en/jre-jdk-cryptoroadmap.html

--
Rgds, Rory O'Donnell
Quality Engineering Manager

Re: OpenJDK 15 EA build 24 is now available

Posted by Rory O'Donnell <ro...@oracle.com>.
Thanks Martin!

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.
Hi Rory,