Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by Frédéric Logier <fr...@gmail.com> on 2011/05/05 13:40:28 UTC

qpid-ruby

Hi,

I'm happy to see the new version 0.10 of qpid, but I'm really disappointed
to not find the ruby client, so what about it ? is it abandonned ?
--
http://fredix.wordpress.com

Re: qpid-ruby

Posted by Gordon Sim <gs...@redhat.com>.
On 05/05/2011 12:40 PM, Frédéric Logier wrote:
> I'm happy to see the new version 0.10 of qpid, but I'm really disappointed
> to not find the ruby client, so what about it ? is it abandonned ?

There were no obvious changes to that client since the previous release,
so it was dropped. The API of that client is protocol version dependent.
We are trying to get all APIs aligned across the project. So that
particular client is not likely to see a lot of further development. As
Carl mentioned, there is a ruby wrapper around the c++ client. Future
work is likely to be centred around that approach.

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org

Re: qpid-ruby

Posted by Frédéric Logier <fr...@gmail.com>.
Le jeudi 05 mai 2011 à 10:40 -0400, Carl Trieloff a écrit :
> On 05/05/2011 07:40 AM, Frédéric Logier wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm happy to see the new version 0.10 of qpid, but I'm really disappointed
> > to not find the ruby client, so what about it ? is it abandonned ?
>

> It is there, a nice new shinny one.. that can also use all the C++
> transports like RDMA etc, I'm a massive user of it, if you build and do
> a full install it's there. The 'funny part about it' is that we have it
> in the wrong pakage, it landed in ruby-qmf-0.8-4.fc14.x86_64 instead of
> ruby-qpid....
>
> require cqpid and go ...

I didn't find ruby-qmf in this mirror :
http://mir2.ovh.net/ftp.apache.org/dist//qpid/0.10/

Can you push it somewhere ?

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org

Re: qpid-ruby

Posted by Carl Trieloff <cc...@redhat.com>.
On 05/05/2011 03:43 PM, Frédéric Logier wrote:
> Le jeudi 05 mai 2011 à 10:40 -0400, Carl Trieloff a écrit :
>> On 05/05/2011 07:40 AM, Frédéric Logier wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I'm happy to see the new version 0.10 of qpid, but I'm really disappointed
>>> to not find the ruby client, so what about it ? is it abandonned ?
>>
>> It is there, a nice new shinny one.. that can also use all the C++
>> transports like RDMA etc, I'm a massive user of it, if you build and do
>> a full install it's there. The 'funny part about it' is that we have it
>> in the wrong pakage, it landed in ruby-qmf-0.8-4.fc14.x86_64 instead of
>> ruby-qpid....
>>
>> require cqpid and go ...
> Ok I found the ruby client in the qpid-0.10.tar.gz

great -- I'm just getting back to mail...

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org

Re: qpid-ruby

Posted by Frédéric Logier <fr...@gmail.com>.

Re: qpid-ruby

Posted by Frédéric Logier <fr...@gmail.com>.
Le jeudi 05 mai 2011 à 10:40 -0400, Carl Trieloff a écrit :
> On 05/05/2011 07:40 AM, Frédéric Logier wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm happy to see the new version 0.10 of qpid, but I'm really disappointed
> > to not find the ruby client, so what about it ? is it abandonned ?
>

> It is there, a nice new shinny one.. that can also use all the C++
> transports like RDMA etc, I'm a massive user of it, if you build and do
> a full install it's there. The 'funny part about it' is that we have it
> in the wrong pakage, it landed in ruby-qmf-0.8-4.fc14.x86_64 instead of
> ruby-qpid....
>
> require cqpid and go ...

Ok I suppose you talk about this Fedora package :
http://rpmfind.net//linux/RPM/fedora/updates/testing/15/x86_64/ruby-qpid-qmf-0.8-6.fc15.x86_64.html

but I'm using Ubuntu server.

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org

Re: qpid-ruby

Posted by Carl Trieloff <cc...@redhat.com>.
On 05/05/2011 07:40 AM, Frédéric Logier wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm happy to see the new version 0.10 of qpid, but I'm really disappointed
> to not find the ruby client, so what about it ? is it abandonned ?

It is there, a nice new shinny one.. that can also use all the C++
transports like RDMA etc, I'm a massive user of it, if you build and do
a full install it's there. The 'funny part about it' is that we have it
in the wrong pakage, it landed in ruby-qmf-0.8-4.fc14.x86_64 instead of
ruby-qpid....

require cqpid and go ...

Carl.

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org