Posted to user@spark.apache.org by Martin Gammelsæter <ma...@gmail.com> on 2014/07/09 10:29:31 UTC

"Initial job has not accepted any resources" means many things

It seems like the "Initial job has not accepted any resources;" shows
up for a wide variety of different errors (for example the obvious one
where you've requested more memory than is available) but also for
example in the case where the worker nodes does not have the
appropriate code on their class path. Debugging from this error is
very hard as errors does not show up in the logs on the workers. Is
this a known issue? I'm having issues with getting the code to the
workers without using addJar (my code is a fairly static application,
and I'd like to avoid using addJar every time the app starts up, and
instead manually add the jar to the classpath of every worke), but I
can't seem to find out how)

--
Best regards,
Martin Gammelsæter