Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Wouter van Vliet <wo...@springt.nl> on 2003/10/31 13:22:59 UTC

[users@httpd] The ever returning error: client stopped connection before send mmap completed

Hello Folks,

I'm quite new to this list, .. not very new to apache and please make me new
to a solution for the problem I'm about to draw.

I run this website (www.comicstripshop.com, in Dutch), totally written in
Perl, apache interfaced with mod_perl and my error_log keeps getting filled
with error messages that I do not know a cause nor cure for. Basically it's
this three:

[Fri Oct 31 12:45:56 2003] [info] [client xxx.xxx.xx.xx] (104)Connection
reset by peer: client stopped connection before send mmap completed
[Fri Oct 31 12:01:11 2003] [info] [client xxx.xxx.xxx.xx] read request line
timed out
[Fri Oct 31 11:54:54 2003] null: Database handle destroyed without explicit
disconnect at /home/comics/comicstripshop.com/lib/SQL.pm line 56.

As for the third one I do not expect to find a solution in this list, I'll
probably need to get in touch with the DBI perl-module guru's. The other
ones, .. well, I'm hoping very much to find out what they mean. I've searchd
google, the archives. In fact I've been searching the web for a cause and or
cure for the past six months now.

To summarize:
*) error_log is showing the above messages
*) I'd like to know why they appear in my error log
*) and I'm looking for a away to get rid of them

Any help is very much appriciated,
Wouter

(ps. of course the ip numbers don't show as x's in the logs, ... )

Re: [users@httpd] The ever returning error: client stopped connection before send mmap completed

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.
On Fri, 31 Oct 2003, Wouter van Vliet wrote:
> I run this website (www.comicstripshop.com, in Dutch), totally written in
> Perl, apache interfaced with mod_perl and my error_log keeps getting filled
> with error messages that I do not know a cause nor cure for. Basically it's
> this three:
>
> [Fri Oct 31 12:45:56 2003] [info] [client xxx.xxx.xx.xx] (104)Connection
> reset by peer: client stopped connection before send mmap completed
> [Fri Oct 31 12:01:11 2003] [info] [client xxx.xxx.xxx.xx] read request line
> timed out

Notice these are not errors.  They are "info".  See the LogLevel directive
to find out how to select what you want to see in the error log.

These messages are perfectly normal.  They simply mean that the client
aborted either while reading the response (first case) or while sending
the request (second case).  If you have MANY of these, it could indicate
that your pages are slow to load, so clients get borred and click
elsewhere.  Otherwise, they are nothing to worry about.

> [Fri Oct 31 11:54:54 2003] null: Database handle destroyed without explicit
> disconnect at /home/comics/comicstripshop.com/lib/SQL.pm line 56.

This is the standard error output of your script.  It is not generated by
apache.

Joshua.