Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org> on 2002/08/02 14:41:44 UTC

Re: cvs commit: jakarta-ant/src/main/org/apache/tools/ant/helper ProjectHelperImpl.java

On Wed, 31 Jul 2002, <co...@covalent.net> wrote:

> Should we ask for a vote to sort this out ?

Not sure whether there is any other way - especially if nobody is
following this thread because of its boring subject 8-)

> One thing I wouldn't like is having some tasks that are
> executed at init time ( i.e. before resolving deps ) and
> some executed after, that would be messy.

So there isn't much of a choice for you, because you'd either have to
make <import> something special (non-task) or have to execute all
top-level tasks before resolving dependencies.

I understand that we have to decide between a useful <import> and
fool-proof top-level tasks.

Stefan