Posted to dev@netbeans.apache.org by Rangi Keen <ra...@cd-adapco.com> on 2022/06/14 16:29:37 UTC

NB 14 tags and home page update

It looks like the NetBeans 14 release is now available to download,
but the home
page <https://netbeans.apache.org/> is still advertising 13 and there are
no tags on github <https://github.com/apache/netbeans/tags> for the
release. The NB 13 tags were missing last release (fixed with #3779
<https://github.com/apache/netbeans/issues/3779>), so perhaps the process
needs to be updated to ensure that step isn't missed in future. Apologies
if these steps are planned but not yet done for NB 14.

Thanks,
Rangi

RE: NB 14 tags and home page update

Posted by Eric Barboni <Er...@irit.fr>.
Thanks for the ping.

Doing the move for that + UC update

Best Regards
Eric

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@googlemail.com.INVALID>.
Maybe you need to refresh the home page.

Yes, we’re updating things now and announcements will be going out as well.

Gj

Posted by Neil C Smith <ne...@apache.org>.
On Tue, 14 Jun 2022 at 17:31, Rangi Keen <ra...@cd-adapco.com> wrote:
> The NB 13 tags were missing last release (fixed with #3779
> <https://github.com/apache/netbeans/issues/3779>), so perhaps the process
> needs to be updated to ensure that step isn't missed in future. Apologies
> if these steps are planned but not yet done for NB 14.

Yes, they're not done until the vote is passed at least.  NB13 just
got missed in the 674 item release checklist! :-)  The NB14 tag should
be in place by announcement.

Tags are a convenience.  Releases are actually based on branch and git
hash, as in https://github.com/apache/netbeans-jenkins-lib/blob/master/meta/netbeansrelease.json#L732

Best wishes,

Neil