Posted to users@sling.apache.org by Federico Paparoni <fe...@gmail.com> on 2010/06/14 16:02:03 UTC

Cache problem

Hi all,

probably I have a stupid problem. I updated my bundle, with new esp scripts
but when I try it, there is the old version loaded and not the new one. Also
if I remove the bundle from the console there is always the old one. What
could be?

Cheers

Federico

Re: Cache problem

Posted by Federico Paparoni <fe...@gmail.com>.
2010/6/15 Justin Edelson <ju...@gmail.com>

> Federico Paparoni wrote:
>

>> 2010/6/14 Justin Edelson <justinedelson@gmail.com <mailto:
>> justinedelson@gmail.com>>
>>

>>    On 6/14/10 10:09 AM, Vidar Ramdal wrote:
>>    > On Mon, Jun 14, 2010 at 4:02 PM, Federico Paparoni
>>    > <federico.paparoni@gmail.com
>>    <ma...@gmail.com>> wrote:
>>    >> probably I have a stupid problem. I updated my bundle, with new
>>    esp scripts
>>    >> but when I try it, there is the old version loaded and not the
>>    new one. Also
>>    >> if I remove the bundle from the console there is always the old
>>    one. What
>>    >> could be?
>>    >
>>    > Might be something is failing when you install the updated bundle.
>>    > What do the logs say?
>>    >
>>    >
>>    And what does the Sling-Initial-Content bundle header look like? My
>>    guess - you don't have overwrite:=true in there.
>>
>>    Justin
>>

>> There isn't a fail when I update, but I haven't overwrite:=true.
>> I'll try with it.
>>
> Just a word of warning - I believe if you change the header you need to
> uninstall the bundle entirely and then reinstall it. In other words, changes
> aren't picked up on a bundle update. Once you have done an uninstall/install
> cycle with the new header, update should work going forward.

Yes it was that. I updated the pom using

<Sling-Initial-Content>
initial-content;overwrite:=true;uninstall:=true
</Sling-Initial-Content>

Great headache :)
Thank you

--
Federico

Re: Cache problem

Posted by Justin Edelson <ju...@gmail.com>.

Re: Cache problem

Posted by Federico Paparoni <fe...@gmail.com>.

Re: Cache problem

Posted by Justin Edelson <ju...@gmail.com>.

Re: Cache problem

Posted by Vidar Ramdal <vi...@idium.no>.
<fe...@gmail.com> wrote:
> probably I have a stupid problem. I updated my bundle, with new esp scripts
> but when I try it, there is the old version loaded and not the new one. Also
> if I remove the bundle from the console there is always the old one. What
> could be?

Might be something is failing when you install the updated bundle.
What do the logs say?

--
Vidar S. Ramdal <vi...@idium.no> - http://www.idium.no
Sommerrogata 13-15, N-0255 Oslo, Norway