Posted to user@struts.apache.org by nani2ratna <na...@gmail.com> on 2009/03/05 15:44:06 UTC

Unit Test with Struts2 + Spring + Maven

Hi Everybody,

I just created a struts 2 project from nexus.
It created a  default project with 2 actions.
Every thing is working excellent.
But i got a doubt how this Unit test is working.
I am just giving mvn test, it running the 2 tests in the
srs/main/test/../HelloworldActionTest.java
and another test class.
But how, from where its getting called.
Please explain me how its calling those tests.

Thanks and Regards
Ratna Sekhar

RE: Unit Test with Struts2 + Spring + Maven

Posted by nani2ratna <na...@gmail.com>.
Hi this is my pom.xml.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<project>
	<modelVersion>4.0.0</modelVersion>
	<groupId>TutorialFromTextbook</groupId>
	<artifactId>TutorialFromTextbook</artifactId>
	<packaging>war</packaging>
	<version>0.0.1-SNAPSHOT</version>
	<name>Struts 2 Starter</name>
	<url>http://www.myComp.com</url>
	<description>Struts 2 Starter</description>

	<dependencies>
		<!-- Junit -->
		<dependency>
			<groupId>junit</groupId>
			<artifactId>junit</artifactId>
			<version>${junit.version}</version>
			<scope>test</scope>
		</dependency>

		<!-- Servlet & Jsp -->
		<dependency>
			<groupId>javax.servlet</groupId>
			<artifactId>servlet-api</artifactId>
			<version>${servlet.version}</version>
			<scope>provided</scope>
		</dependency>
		<dependency>
			<groupId>javax.servlet</groupId>
			<artifactId>jsp-api</artifactId>
			<version>${jsp.version}</version>
			<scope>provided</scope>
		</dependency>

		<!--  Struts 2 -->
		<dependency>
            <groupId>org.apache.struts</groupId>
            <artifactId>struts2-core</artifactId>
            <version>${struts.version}</version>
        </dependency>
        <dependency>
            <groupId>org.apache.struts</groupId>
            <artifactId>struts2-sitemesh-plugin</artifactId>
            <version>${struts.version}</version>
        </dependency>
        <dependency>
            <groupId>org.apache.struts</groupId>
            <artifactId>struts2-spring-plugin</artifactId>
            <version>${struts.version}</version>
        </dependency>

		<!-- Jakarta Commons -->
		<dependency>
			<groupId>commons-fileupload</groupId>
			<artifactId>commons-fileupload</artifactId>
			<version>${commons.fileupload.version}</version>
		</dependency>

		<!-- Dwr -->
		<dependency>
            <groupId>org.directwebremoting</groupId>
            <artifactId>dwr</artifactId>
            <version>${dwr.version}</version>
        </dependency>
    </dependencies>

    <build>
      <finalName>TutorialFromTextbook</finalName>
    	<plugins>
    		<plugin>
                <configuration>
                   <source>1.5</source>
                   <target>1.5</target>
                </configuration>
            </plugin>
    		<plugin>
    			<groupId>org.mortbay.jetty</groupId>
    			<artifactId>maven-jetty-plugin</artifactId>
    			<version>6.1.5</version>
    			<configuration>
    				<scanIntervalSeconds>10</scanIntervalSeconds>
    			</configuration>
    		</plugin>
    	</plugins>
    </build>

    <properties>
    	<!-- Testing dependency versions -->
    	<junit.version>4.4</junit.version>
    	<jsp.version>2.0</jsp.version>
        <servlet.version>2.4</servlet.version>

        <!-- Commons dependency version -->
        <commons.fileupload.version>1.2.1</commons.fileupload.version>

        <!-- Struts dependency versions -->
    	<struts.version>2.1.6</struts.version>

    	<!--  DWR Dependency version -->
    	<dwr.version>2.0.1</dwr.version>

    </properties>
</project>

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.
this is a maven question (which you should post to maven users group)
maven-users as will I request the pom.xml which contains the details of
execution of Unit-test goals
show us your pom.xml so we can be of further assistance

Martin
Disclaimer and confidentiality note

> Date: Thu, 5 Mar 2009 06:44:06 -0800
> From: nani2ratna@gmail.com
> To: user@struts.apache.org
> Subject: Unit Test with Struts2 + Spring + Maven
>

> Hi Everybody,
>
> I just created a struts 2 project from nexus.
> It created a  default project with 2 actions.
> Every thing is working excellent.
> But i got a doubt how this Unit test is working.
> I am just giving mvn test, it running the 2 tests in the
> srs/main/test/../HelloworldActionTest.java
> and another test class.
> But how, from where its getting called.
> Please explain me how its calling those tests.
>
> Thanks and Regards
> Ratna Sekhar

Windows Live™ Groups: Create an online spot for your favorite groups to meet.
http://windowslive.com/online/groups?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_groups_032009

Re: Unit Test with Struts2 + Spring + Maven

Posted by dusty <du...@yahoo.com>.
mvn -Dtest=MyTestClassName

But don't let that think you can get Maven answers here!  ;-)

Posted by Nils-Helge Garli Hegvik <ni...@gmail.com>.

Posted by nani2ratna <na...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Dave Newton <ne...@yahoo.com>.