Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Merlin Morgenstern <me...@fastmail.fm> on 2009/05/04 16:05:37 UTC

Strange behavior on update

Hi there,

I am facing a problem with one computer that is causing strange behavior
on "update".

The original file is not merged, but altered and now contains info like
this:

<<<<<<< .mine
   ID BETWEEN 50001 AND 55000
=======
   ID BETWEEN 50001 AND 60000

Furthermore there are new files with the same name, but different extension:
.mine
.r162

I believe this is the revision.

All other PC's accessing the repository do not have that problem and
worke as they should.

Does anybody have an idea how to fix this?

Thank you in advance,

Merlin

Re: Strange behavior on update

Posted by Tyler Roscoe <ty...@cryptio.net>.
On Mon, May 04, 2009 at 07:52:33PM +0200, Merlin Morgenstern wrote:
> >> <<<<<<< .mine
> >>    ID BETWEEN 50001 AND 55000
> >> =======
> >>    ID BETWEEN 50001 AND 60000
> >>  >>>>>>> .r162
> >>
> >> Furthermore there are new files with the same name, but different extension:
> >> .mine
> >> .r162

These are conflict markers. Read here:

http://svnbook.red-bean.com/nightly/en/svn.tour.cycle.html

> >> All other PC's accessing the repository do not have that problem and
> >> worke as they should.

Looks like someone changed that ID BETWEEN line on the working copy on
the "malfunctioning" machine and never committed that change.

> >> Does anybody have an idea how to fix this?
> >
> > It is not a problem, but normal Subversion behavior as explained in
> > documentation.
> >

> Well actually it is a problem. All the other computers which work with
> this repository work as expected. Files are merged etc.
> With this one, the files are not merged, but the new files created and
> the old one contains info on the changes. This is useless in my case.

Read the section I linked. Sounds like you're missing some fundamental
concepts about merging and conflicts.

hth,
tyler

Re: Strange behavior on update

Posted by Merlin Morgenstern <me...@fastmail.fm>.
Andrey Repin wrote:
> Greetings, Merlin Morgenstern!
>

>> I am facing a problem with one computer that is causing strange behavior
>> on "update".
>>

>> The original file is not merged, but altered and now contains info like
>> this:
>>

>> <<<<<<< .mine
>>    ID BETWEEN 50001 AND 55000
>> =======
>>    ID BETWEEN 50001 AND 60000
>>  >>>>>>> .r162
>>

>> Furthermore there are new files with the same name, but different extension:
>> .mine
>> .r162
>>

>> I believe this is the revision.
>>

>> All other PC's accessing the repository do not have that problem and
>> worke as they should.
>>

>> Does anybody have an idea how to fix this?
>>

> It is not a problem, but normal Subversion behavior as explained in
> documentation.

Well actually it is a problem. All the other computers which work with
this repository work as expected. Files are merged etc.
With this one, the files are not merged, but the new files created and
the old one contains info on the changes. This is useless in my case.

I am sorry, but I could not find any info on this in the subversion doku.

Can somebody enlight me please on how to change this? I am using
turtoise client.

Posted by Andrey Repin <an...@freemail.ru>.