Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by "Zehavit Elbaz (zelbaz)" <ze...@cisco.com> on 2007/01/22 20:04:56 UTC

Create java objects from XML file in the server side

Hi,

I am using axis 1.4, I would like to get java objects from XML file in
the server side,
Does anyone know how to do it?

Thanks,

Zehavit

Re: Create java objects from XML file in the server side

Posted by Rahul Devgan <rd...@gmail.com>.
There are several ways to do the same:

1. Use the default java sdk provided XMLDecoder.
2. Use apache digester.
3. Use (hack) axis decoder. (   Not sure if axis provides mechanism to use/
invoke its serializer and deserializer directly).
4. Use one of the XML beans deserializers ( you have to lookup up JAXB doc).
5. Use castor API's.
6. Use a custom built API for the same.
7. Apologies to all other excellent tools, I do not know about or cant
recall right now.

Thats the generic answer to your generic question. This whole problem of
obtaining objects from XML file has another side to it: First you need to
store objects in XML file and all the tools mentioned above can do the round
trip for you that is to say both serialize and deserialze but you have to
choose:

1. What best suits your requirements?
2. Do you just want a serializer/ deserializer in isolation (as means of
backing up objects or archiving them/ reading them later on) or want it to
be used with other functionalities that axis provides like exposing them as
web-services?

If you can be more specific, somebody can help you make the right choice.

--
warm regards,
Rahul Devgan