Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Maurice Lawler <ma...@daoenix.com> on 2013/06/07 04:40:53 UTC

Hello (Upgrade to 4.1)

Greetings,

I am utilizing KVM / CentOS 6.3. / CS 4.0.2 Upon issuing yum update, I
am getting a slue of updates for the OS it's self. Previously I was
informed that CentOS 6.4 was NOT supported, so I have backed off on
updated my OS due to this fact.

I have taken a paste bin of what my system is attempting to update:
http://pastebin.com/3NtHrUVd

Is it okay if I proceed with this upgrade, then I notice the cloud
upgrade: http://pastebin.com/b2Th18SB seems very easy/small.

Please tell me if I can proceed with both, without issues on my VM's.
It seems easy, but I just like to double check.

Appreciate your time!

- Maurice

Re: Hello (Upgrade to 4.1)

Posted by Maurice Lawler <ma...@daoenix.com>.
Thank you. I suspect, since it will be updating the qemu- that I should
perhaps stop all VM's prior to upgrading, correct?

Re: Hello (Upgrade to 4.1)

Posted by David Nalley <da...@gnsa.us>.

Re: Hello (Upgrade to 4.1)

Re: Hello (Upgrade to 4.1)

Posted by Hiroaki KAWAI <ka...@stratosphere.co.jp>.
Hi,

(2013/06/07 11:40), Maurice Lawler wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> I am utilizing KVM / CentOS 6.3. / CS 4.0.2 Upon issuing yum update, I
> am getting a slue of updates for the OS it's self. Previously I was
> informed that CentOS 6.4 was NOT supported, so I have backed off on
> updated my OS due to this fact.

Umm... IMHO, CentOS 6.4 must be supported. As a fact, CentOS team is
maintaining CentOS "6" and not CentOS "6.3". You should upgrade for
security reasons. If you have any trouble with updated CentOS, please
do raise a ticket in our JIRA.
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLOUDSTACK

> I have taken a paste bin of what my system is attempting to update:
> http://pastebin.com/3NtHrUVd
>
> Is it okay if I proceed with this upgrade, then I notice the cloud
> upgrade: http://pastebin.com/b2Th18SB seems very easy/small.
>
> Please tell me if I can proceed with both, without issues on my VM's. It
> seems easy, but I just like to double check.

The process should be successful. If you got some trouble, please
let us know.

> Appreciate your time!
>
> - Maurice

Good luck!