Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by NJ Rogers <ni...@bristol.ac.uk> on 2003/01/16 19:02:58 UTC

newbie question - installation problems

Hi

I've got axis deployed in tomcat, running on Windows 2K.

I can validate ok - happyaxis.jsp
tells me that I've got all the core axis libraries, but that 1 optional
library is missing (xmlsec.jar which I will obtain)

But I cannot "View the list of deployed Web services "

The tomcat logs for this show (snippet):

"... 2003-01-14 12:36:14 StandardWrapperValve[AxisServlet]:
Servlet.service() for servlet AxisServlet threw exception at
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:269)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:193)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:260)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:643)

....]"
[ ... further down ...
----- Root Cause -----
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/commons/discovery/resource/names/DiscoverNamesInAlternateManagedProperties
	at org.apache.axis.AxisProperties.getAlternatePropertyNameDiscoverer(AxisProperties.java:170)
	at org.apache.axis.AxisProperties.setClassOverrideProperty(AxisProperties.java:126)
...]

So the AxisServlet method "reportAvailableServices" is failing, right?

Can anyone help,
thanks
Nikki

----------------------
NJ Rogers
nikki.rogers@bristol.ac.uk
Technical Researcher
(Semantic Web Applications Developer)
ILRT
Institute for Learning and Research Technology
University of Bristol, 8-10 Berkeley Square,   BRISTOL
BS8 1HH, UK
Tel:  ++44(0)117 928 7096 (Direct)
Tel:  ++44(0)117 928 7193 (Office)
Fax: ++44(0)117 928 7112
http://www.ilrt.bristol.ac.uk

Re: newbie question - installation problems

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@iseran.com>.
that was http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/discovery.html with an l at the
end. oops

Re: newbie question - installation problems

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@iseran.com>.
> I've got axis deployed in tomcat, running on Windows 2K.
>
> I can validate ok - happyaxis.jsp
> tells me that I've got all the core axis libraries, but that 1 optional
> library is missing (xmlsec.jar which I will obtain)
>
> java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
org/apache/commons/discovery/resource/names/DiscoverNamesInAlternateManagedP
roperties
> at
org.apache.axis.AxisProperties.getAlternatePropertyNameDiscoverer(AxisProper
ties.java:170)
> at
org.apache.axis.AxisProperties.setClassOverrideProperty(AxisProperties.java:
126)
> ...]
>
> So the AxisServlet method "reportAvailableServices" is failing, right?

you need commons-discovery too. Current versions of happyaxis check for
this. download from http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/discovery.htm