Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by astlm <mo...@tic.alten.es> on 2010/06/10 12:16:15 UTC

Rollback transaction

Hello....

     I`m testing the redelivered menssages.I have an MBD, transaction
container, that makes rollback (context.setrollbackonly) of messages it
receives. I find that always makes rollback only 13 messages, there are more
messages in the queue and then wait long
jms.redeliveryPolicy.initialRedeliveryDelay = 60000 to receive a message
back. The question is can define the number of messages than rollback?
    For example:
         The queue have 30 messages, the MDB rollback 13 and wait
jms.redeliveryPolicy.initialRedeliveryDelay.
         Passed jms.redeliveryPolicy.initialRedeliveryDelay MDB recibe the
13 rollback message and the rest queue message.
     Thank you.

Re: Rollback transaction

Posted by astlm <mo...@tic.alten.es>.
Thank you very much for your reply.
Moreover, the response has helped me solve another problem I had. When the
consumer took too long to process a message, as it had opened 10
transactions at the beginning, had just expired the last transacciones.
Now I have configured a single message per session, maxMessagesPerSessions=1
and It´s OK.
Thank you very much.

Re: Rollback transaction

Posted by Gary Tully <ga...@gmail.com>.
If you are using the RAR, check out the prefetch configuration via the
activation spec, see the comment or note at the end of
http://activemq.apache.org/activation-spec-properties.html

Redeliveries block a consumer acking messages so the the amount of messages
visible to a consumer will be determined by the prefetch.

On 10 June 2010 11:16, astlm <mo...@tic.alten.es> wrote:

> Hello....
>
>     I`m testing the redelivered menssages.I have an MBD, transaction
> container, that makes rollback (context.setrollbackonly) of messages it
> receives. I find that always makes rollback only 13 messages, there are
> more
> messages in the queue and then wait long
> jms.redeliveryPolicy.initialRedeliveryDelay = 60000 to receive a message
> back. The question is can define the number of messages than rollback?
>    For example:
>         The queue have 30 messages, the MDB rollback 13 and wait
> jms.redeliveryPolicy.initialRedeliveryDelay.
>         Passed jms.redeliveryPolicy.initialRedeliveryDelay MDB recibe the
> 13 rollback message and the rest queue message.
>     Thank you.

http://blog.garytully.com

Open Source Integration
http://fusesource.com