Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by Haibo Zhao <zh...@cs.uga.edu> on 2008/08/19 07:23:03 UTC

License Issue regarding the Media feed/entry support for the GSoC project: gdata binding in Tuscany

Hi Guys,

    I am wrapping up the  GSoC project: adding gdata binding in
Tuscany, and I am running into a license issue..

    To support media feed/entry in GData, it requires mail.jar and
activation jar.

     For mail.jar, it is open source under CDDL license.

    "The source code for the JavaMail API Reference Implementation is
now available under the CDDL open source license, as a part of Project
GlassFish See the mail module page at GlassFish for more details. "

     And for activation.jar, not quite sure what license it is using:

     Homepage of JAF:
http://java.sun.com/javase/technologies/desktop/javabeans/jaf/downloads/index.html

     Are we going to have any issues to use there two jars?

     Thanks,
     Haibo

Re: License Issue regarding the Media feed/entry support for the GSoC project: gdata binding in Tuscany

Posted by Raymond Feng <en...@gmail.com>.
CDDL is a compatible license with Apache. In fact, we already have
dependencies on both mail.jar and activation.jar.

Thanks,
Raymond