Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Randall Fidler <ra...@testadvantage.com> on 2007/02/21 16:59:46 UTC

Assembly Plugin - unPackOptions

Has anybody had any luck with the unpack options for the assembly plugin
2.2-SNAPSHOT?  I'm brining in a dependency which is, for the most part,
a normal jar but has some *.dll's packaged with it.  I'm trying to
filter out the *.dll's from being the final "grouped" jar in which all
the dependencies are unpacked and reassembled into a single, final
executable jar.  That's easy enough except the DLLs from the support
library keep finding their way into the end result, I thought
unpackOptions excludes would filter that out... any ideas?

I'm using:

   <dependencySet>

      <outputDirectory></outputDirectory>

      <outputFileNameMapping></outputFileNameMapping>

            <unpack>true</unpack>

            <unpackOptions>

                  <excludes>

                        <exclude>**/*.dll</exclude>

                        <exclude>/*.dll</exclude>

                        <exclude>*.dll</exclude>

                  </excludes>

            </unpackOptions>

    </dependencySet>

The DLLs are in the root of the dependency jar so I would think that
*.dll would filter them out but when it didn't I tried the other two
patterns just in case.  I've checked the temp location where the plugin
is uncompressing the dependency jars, just as another check, and the
dlls are there so the unpack options are not impacting the unpacking.

Thanks,

Randall