Posted to common-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Praveen Sripati <pr...@gmail.com> on 2011/12/23 17:44:39 UTC

Mapping between the JIRA and files changed

Hi,

How do I know the code changed with a particular JIRA? If I go to
MAPREDUCE-1943, there are multiple patch attachments. Should I go with the
date and pick the latest patch?

Is there any other way to identify the changes done to the code with a
particular JIRA?

Regards,
Praveen

Re: Mapping between the JIRA and files changed

Posted by "J. Rottinghuis" <jr...@gmail.com>.
Different versions of the patch are supposed to have the same name, and
could be sorted by date.
A different name should be used to indicate the target branch.

See the "Naming your patch" section on

Cheers,

Joep

Posted by "J. Rottinghuis" <jr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Patrick Wendell <pw...@gmail.com>.
Hey Praveen,

Posted by Uma Maheswara Rao G <ma...@huawei.com>.
You can find actual committed files from 'Subversion Commits' in JIRA.
Mostly latest patch will be committed. Also you can check on which path, reviewers given +1.

I feel Subversion Commits is correct option.

hope it will help you...

Regards,
Uma