Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@sundn.de> on 2001/09/14 08:38:06 UTC

[C2]: Delaying the release candidate

Hi Team,

with respect to the cruel attacks I don't feel like
saying "We are proud to announce..." this monday.

I suggest that we delay the release candidate for one week,
so we would release it on Monday, 24th.

Carsten

Re: [C2]: Delaying the release candidate

Posted by Christian Haul <ha...@dvs1.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de>.
On 14.Sep.2001 -- 12:22 PM, Klaus Bertram wrote:
> Hi Chris,
>
> is it an xlan problem ?

Yes, I think so.

> i had figure out the same,
> see mail RE: [C2.1] session state doesn't work from 11.09

Ooops, haven't noticed before.

> do you know which component give the conf parameter to the machters?
> I can't see it

Sure. In (line numbers are HEAD branch)
org/apache/cocoon/components/language/markup/sitemap/java/sitemap.xsl
line 141ff matcher factories are dealt with. Line 150 copies the
current node descendant-or-self to $config. Line 151 uses this
variable as argument to call a xalan extension function to trigger the
code generation.

Problem seems to be that either $config does not contain
descendant-or-self (don't think so) or only part of the tree is used
as argument value. This might be a result of xalan switching from DOM
to DTM which does not seem to be completed, yet. However, using the
latest xalan-D10 does not resolve this problem. I haven't found a
corresponding bug report on this in xalan's bugzilla so far.

	Chris.

--
C h r i s t i a n       H a u l
haul@informatik.tu-darmstadt.de

RE: [C2]: Delaying the release candidate

Posted by Klaus Bertram <be...@n-bis.de>.
Hi Chris,

is it an xlan problem ?
i had figure out the same,
see mail RE: [C2.1] session state doesn't work from 11.09

do you know which component give the conf parameter to the machters?
I can't see it

Klaus

Posted by Christian Haul <ha...@dvs1.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de>.

Posted by John Morrison <jo...@ntlworld.com>.
I would think maybe "in spite of the terrible..." would be a better message
to send to the world?

Re: AW: [C2]: Delaying the release candidate

Posted by Giacomo Pati <gi...@apache.org>.
Quoting Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@sundn.de>:

> > Giacomo Pati wrote:
> >
> > Quoting Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@sundn.de>:
> >
> > > Hi Team,
> > >
> > > with respect to the cruel attacks I don't feel like
> > > saying "We are proud to announce..." this monday.
> >
> > Is it a personal feeling? Avalon has released their dists
> > yesterday for us.
> >
> Yes, it is. I didn't have the power over the last days to
> complete the tasks for building the release. Some bugs
> are not solved/looked at etc, the build process must be
> tested, the distribution must be tested...
>
> The activity in the mailing lists has decreased since
> tuesday. My hope is that this stabilizes over the weekend
> again, so we can make a great release candidate
> together next week.

Sound good for me. +1

Giacomo

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@sundn.de>.