Posted to users@felix.apache.org by Balázs Zsoldos <ba...@everit.biz> on 2015/10/02 15:26:58 UTC

New dependencies of felix-webconsole 4.2.12

Hi,

we have just upgraded to Felix Webconsole 4.2.12.

There was a missing requirement: org.osgi.service.component

It is a bit strange to me, why we need it as the webconsole itself should
not dependent on DS API, but ok.

Then I had another missing requirement: org.osgi.util.promise

It is a bit strange to me why the API of DS needs the promise package, but
ok.

Than I had another missing requirement: org.osgi.util.function

This is not strange. I can undestand why promise API needs this package.

Are you sure you wanted to do this? You included 3 new bundles in the
dependency graph and not really used the functionality of any of them
directly. It feels a bit monolithic.

Kind regards,
*Balázs **Zsoldos*

Re: New dependencies of felix-webconsole 4.2.12

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.
I've started the vote for a 4.2.14 release

Thanks
Carsten
--
Carsten Ziegeler
Adobe Research Switzerland

Re: New dependencies of felix-webconsole 4.2.12

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.
Interesting, you're right - I just checked latest trunk which is nearly
the same as the 4.2.12 release. Not sure how that one got in during the
release.
I totally agree, that org.osgi.service.component should not be in the
import list and I guess we should do a new release.

Thanks
Carsten

Posted by Balázs Zsoldos <ba...@everit.biz>.

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.