Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by "Pitt, Esmond" <pi...@anz.com> on 2002/10/10 09:48:21 UTC

Memory leak in DOMBuilder

I am having memory leaks when parsing more than one document with a builder.

It seems to me that AbstractDOMParser::fNodeStack just keeps growing and
growing. DOMBuilder::resetDocumentPool doesn't help.

It seems to me that the following is required:

DOMDocument* DOMBuilderImpl::parse(const DOMInputSource& source)
{
    Wrapper4DOMInputSource isWrapper((DOMInputSource*) &source, false);

    AbstractDOMParser::reset();	// <---------------- added EJP
    AbstractDOMParser::parse(isWrapper);
	return getDocument();
}

or else the output of DOMBuilder must be defined so that the user adopts the
document.

EJP