Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Januski, Ken" <kj...@phillynews.com> on 2002/09/25 20:47:55 UTC

Two nics, two ips, one Tomcat instance

Hi,

Can anyone point me in the right direction for instructions on setting up a
server with 2 nics, 2 ips, and one Tomcat instance? I've spent the better
part of two days reading and experimenting but still don't have an answer. I
should add that there are no connectors, just Tomcat Standalone.

For instance should I just use 2 different hosts in server.xml? From what I
can see that expects 2 virtual hosts with 1 ip, which is not what I want.

Or can someone advise me as to it would actually be better to have two
different Tomcat instances, and if so, how'd I'd go about setting that up. I
can see some advantages to having 2 instances but I don't want to run into
resource problems by having more than one.

Thanks in advance,

Ken