Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Carl Hall <ca...@gmail.com> on 2017/07/09 21:08:37 UTC

[dbutils] Preparing for Release; Questions

Hi all,

I'd like to make a release of dbutils.  I've worked through the release
preparation guide[1] up to deploying the RC.  Rather expectedly, since this
is my first attempt at releasing, I'm not able to complete the `mvn deploy`
step.

```
Failed to transfer file:
https://repository.apache.org/service/local/staging/deploy/maven2/commons-dbutils/commons-dbutils/1.7/commons-dbutils-1.7.jar.
Return code is: 401, ReasonPhrase: Unauthorized.
```

Should I ask for write permission or should I ask someone else to manage
the release?

Thanks,
Carl

1 https://commons.apache.org/releases/prepare.html

Re: [dbutils] Preparing for Release; Questions

Posted by Benedikt Ritter <br...@apache.org>.
> Am 11.07.2017 um 21:45 schrieb Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>:
>
> Are they in sync now? Make sure you have you Maven settings set up just so.
> I think Maven has some docs on how to encrypted and save your passwords.

Maybe it is still syncing with the old svn mirror repository. We probably need to create an INFRA issue to change the synchronization.

Benedikt

Posted by Carl Hall <ca...@gmail.com>.
Maven setup!  I dug through the pom parent chain to get the right server id
(apache.releases.https) and get my creds setup correctly.  I was able to
complete the deploy step, and am now working through the final steps.

Regarding syncing, nothing has changed.  I think Benedikt may be right
about filing a ticket.

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Carl Hall <ca...@gmail.com>.
Hey Gary,