Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Jesper Pedersen <je...@lenio.dk> on 2007/12/07 11:09:49 UTC

[Trinidad] Removing footer

Hi.

Currently I have the following in my generated HTML file:

  <hr class="p_OraContentFooterRule"/>

and

I'm using the <tr:document> and <tr:panelPage> tags

Two questions:

1) Shouldn't the <hr/> be a <div/> ?
As I don't want the <hr/> on my page... I could change the
ContentFooterRenderer class in my local copy, but...

2) How do I get rid of all this generated HTML ?

Also overriding the p_OraContentFooterRule style in my local CSS doesn't do
anything as it is loaded after the Trinidad generated definition -- where do
I change that ?

TIA
 Jesper

Re: [Trinidad] Removing footer

Posted by Jeanne Waldman <je...@oracle.com>.

Jesper Pedersen wrote:
> Hi.
>
> Currently I have the following in my generated HTML file:

>   <hr class="p_OraContentFooterRule"/>
>
> and

> I'm using the <tr:document> and <tr:panelPage> tags
>
> Two questions:
>
> 1) Shouldn't the <hr/> be a <div/> ?
> As I don't want the <hr/> on my page... I could change the
> ContentFooterRenderer class in my local copy, but...
>
> 2) How do I get rid of all this generated HTML ?
I don't think you can

> Also overriding the p_OraContentFooterRule style in my local CSS doesn't do
> anything as it is loaded after the Trinidad generated definition -- where do
> I change that ?
In general, you shouldn't change p* styles. They are free to change
names, get deleted, whatever. They are private styles.

But... if you want to at your own risk, then you can
1. make your css definition more 'specific', so it will rule out over
the Trinidad's skin definition
2. You can create a skin that extends the Trinidad's simple skin and
override it there
3. You can possibly move your local css include down in your page. (Not
sure about this)