Posted to pluto-user@portals.apache.org by Nicolas Modrzyk <ni...@intalio.com> on 2008/01/31 03:19:37 UTC

Configuration of PortletContainerImpl

Good morning,

I am trying to integrate CAS with 1.1.4 of pluto following those instructions:
http://www.ja-sig.org/wiki/display/PLT/CASifying+Apache+Pluto+portal+driver

At the end, we need to configure the following:

----
You now need to configure Pluto to use this new wrapper, this is done
by editing /pluto/WEB-INF/config/services/configServices.properties
and commenting out the previous PortletContainerWrapperImpl and adding
the new CAS wrapper thus:
----

But I can't seem to be able to find the configServices.properties, or
actually any place to configure the PortletContainerImpl class.

Has this been taken out of 1.1.4 version ?
Does pluto 2.0 makes this easier for this matter ?

Any hints welcome,

Thank you in advance,

Nicolas,

Re: Configuration of PortletContainerImpl

Posted by Benjamin Gould <be...@netsos.com>.
On Thu, 2008-01-31 at 11:19 +0900, Nicolas Modrzyk wrote:
> Good morning,
>
> I am trying to integrate CAS with 1.1.4 of pluto following those instructions:
> http://www.ja-sig.org/wiki/display/PLT/CASifying+Apache+Pluto+portal+driver
>
> At the end, we need to configure the following:
>
> ----
> You now need to configure Pluto to use this new wrapper, this is done
> by editing /pluto/WEB-INF/config/services/configServices.properties
> and commenting out the previous PortletContainerWrapperImpl and adding
> the new CAS wrapper thus:
> ----
>
> But I can't seem to be able to find the configServices.properties, or
> actually any place to configure the PortletContainerImpl class.

Nicolas,

It looks like the article that you mentioned is referring to the Pluto
1.0.x architecture.  The 1.1.x branch has a much more flexible
Spring-based architecture, which was carried forward into the 2.0
branch.

> Has this been taken out of 1.1.4 version ?
> Does pluto 2.0 makes this easier for this matter ?
>
> Any hints welcome,
>
> Thank you in advance,
>
> Nicolas,

The newer architecture is definitely easier to use, but the steps outlined
in the article you referenced will not work.  The concepts are similar,
but the actual implementation is quite different.  Try looking in WEB-INF
of the pluto-portal module to see how the Spring configuration works.  I
think the file is called pluto-services-config.xml or something like that.
The web.xml of that module is also worth taking a look at.  Hope this helps.

-- Ben