Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by ma...@oocl.com on 2005/11/23 06:35:54 UTC

how to remote access to subvision server?

Hi all,

    I'm a subvision user in China need your kindly help.
    These days I have question about how to cooperate with my team mate
via internet. let see my scenario as below.
    Our development platform are window xp and linux, and all of our
members surf internet via a router in their home, and we want to install
the subvision server on one member's machine (window xp), the other
members access to his machine to check in and check out the source
codes. as I know, subvision is support such usage by webdav, but I can't
find more information from internet about how to set up the subvision
server to cater my requirement.
    So, would you pls give me advise or provide other approch? many tks.

Good day,
Mark Leung, China.

IMPORTANT NOTICE
Email from OOCL is confidential and may be legally privileged.  If it is not intended for you, please delete it immediately unread.  The internet cannot guarantee that this communication is free of viruses, interception or interference and anyone who communicates with us by email is taken to accept the risks in so doing.  Without limitation, OOCL and its affiliates accept no liability whatsoever and howsoever arising in connection with the use of this email.  Under no circumstances shall this email constitute a binding agreement to carry or for provision of carriage services by OOCL, which is subject to the availability of carrier's equipment and vessels and the terms and conditions of OOCL's standard bill of lading which is also available at http://www.oocl.com.

Re: how to remote access to subvision server?

Posted by sub paul <su...@gmail.com>.
Yes, this can be done in with subversion.

You can start svnserve on hosting's team member's computer and connect to it
using

svn://hosting-buddy-ip/project/trunk

hosting-buddy will have to direct his port 3690 to the computer that is
hosting the actual repository.

svnserve runs on port 3690.

hth

Pritpal Dhaliwal