Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Nathan Coraor <na...@cse.psu.edu> on 2002/09/24 23:20:28 UTC

Apache/mod_jk half works (JSP/Servlets do not).

Hi all,

I've recently gotten mod_jk integrated with Apache and it allows me to
browse actual webpages via http://server/examples, etc.  However,
trying to run an actual JSP or Servlet causes the browser to hang
indefinitely.  By that, I mean it continually attempts to load the page
but never manages to do so.

mod_jk appears to actually be starting ala error_log:

[Tue Sep 24 16:45:00 2002] [notice] Apache/1.3.26 (Unix) mod_jk/1.2.0 configured -- resuming normal operations

It's being loaded via an include in the httpd.conf.

Tomcat is running and I'm able to run the JSP/Servlet examples from the
builtin webserver at Port 8080.

This might be of use as well:

[logs/catalina.out]
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: java.net.Socket: method setKeepAlive(Z)V not found
        at org.apache.ajp.tomcat4.Ajp13Connector.run(Compiled Code)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:479)

Other information can be provided as requested.

Thanks,
--nate