Posted to user@phoenix.apache.org by Mich Talebzadeh <mi...@gmail.com> on 2016/11/28 22:58:26 UTC

Does Phoenix on Hbase supports transactional behaviour

Hi,

As far as I can ascertain and I have put this question to Hbase forum,
Hbase itself does not provide transactional support.

However, I have been told that Transactions (beta) in Apache Phoenix may
support this.

Having said that I am sceptical whether Hbase with Phoenix can do what an
RDBMS does by supporting a batch of transactions with commit/rollback etc.
Has anyone had the experience of using Phoenix on Hbase for transactional
compliance please?

Thanks

Dr Mich Talebzadeh

http://talebzadehmich.wordpress.com

such loss, damage or destruction.

Re: Does Phoenix on Hbase supports transactional behaviour

Posted by ashish tapdiya <as...@gmail.com>.
Hello Mich,

Phoenix provides transaction support through integration with Apache
Tephra. The transaction support implementation is MVCC based with snapshot
isolation. We can batch statements together in a transaction, can commit it
and rollback if commit fails just like in a RDBMS. Below is the web page
that describes basic usage,

https://phoenix.apache.org/transactions.html

Thanks,
Ashish