Posted to user@tuscany.apache.org by Patrick Vanhuyse <pv...@greisch.com> on 2007/05/02 09:30:54 UTC

Running samples

Hi,

I downloaded tuscany-sca-1.0-incubator-M2-*.zip

I am following the instructions to run the standalone calculator sample.

When I run (as stated in the readme.html file)

mvn dependency:unpack

I get the following error :

[INFO] Scanning for projects...
[INFO] Searching repository for plugin with prefix: 'dependency'.
[INFO] ---------------------------------------------------------------------
-------
[INFO] Building Tuscany Calculator Sample
[INFO]    task-segment: [dependency:unpack]
[INFO] ---------------------------------------------------------------------
-------
[INFO] ---------------------------------------------------------------------
---
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO] ---------------------------------------------------------------------
---
[INFO] One or more required plugin parameters are invalid/missing for
'dependency:unpack'

[0] inside the definition for plugin: 'maven-dependency-plugin'specify the
following:

<configuration>
  <artifactItems>VALUE</artifactItems>
</configuration>.

[INFO] ---------------------------------------------------------------------
---
[INFO] ---------------------------------------------------------------------
---
[INFO] Total time: 9 seconds
[INFO] Finished at: Wed May 02 09:24:07 CEST 2007
[INFO] Final Memory: 4M/9M
[INFO] ---------------------------------------------------------------------
---

Where have I to put this configuration and what is to be placed into
<artifactItems> ?

Thanks.

Re: Running samples

Posted by ant elder <an...@gmail.com>.
On 5/2/07, Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com> wrote:

> On 5/2/07, Patrick Vanhuyse <pv...@greisch.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > I downloaded tuscany-sca-1.0-incubator-M2-*.zip
> >
> > I am following the instructions to run the standalone calculator sample.
> >
> > When I run (as stated in the readme.html file)
> >
> > mvn dependency:unpack
> >
> > I get the following error :
> >
> > [INFO] Scanning for projects...
> > [INFO] Searching repository for plugin with prefix: 'dependency'.
> > [INFO]
> > -------
> > [INFO] Building Tuscany Calculator Sample
> > [INFO]    task-segment: [dependency:unpack]
> > [INFO]
> > -------
> > [INFO]
> > ---
> > [ERROR] BUILD ERROR
> > [INFO]
> > ---
> > [INFO] One or more required plugin parameters are invalid/missing for
> > 'dependency:unpack'
> >
> > [0] inside the definition for plugin: 'maven-dependency-plugin'specify
> the
> > following:
> >
> > <configuration>
> >   <artifactItems>VALUE</artifactItems>
> > </configuration>.
> >
> > [INFO]
> > ---
> > [INFO] For more information, run Maven with the -e switch
> > [INFO]
> > ---
> > [INFO] Total time: 9 seconds
> > [INFO] Finished at: Wed May 02 09:24:07 CEST 2007
> > [INFO] Final Memory: 4M/9M
> > [INFO]
> > ---
> >
> > Where have I to put this configuration and what is to be placed into
> > <artifactItems> ?
> >
> > Thanks.

> > Hi Patrick, Yes we've come across this one. Not absolutely sure what is
> actually casiing it to behave like this but I got the same problem, see
> [1].
> We are putting a new release together now to fix this, amongst other
> things,
> so you may want to give that a spin when we have it done. Hopefully trying
> to get a release candidate out by next week.
>
> Regards
>
> Simon
>
> [1] http://www.mail-archive.com/tuscany-dev@ws.apache.org/msg15814.html

How about trying out the latest code now to help make the next release good?
There has been significant changes in Tuscany and the SCA specs since M2 so
the current Tuscany code is much better. There's some distribution downloads
based on the latest trunk code available at:

http://people.apache.org/~antelder/tuscany/latest/

The documentation and readme's within those hasn't been completed yet but
the samples do work. The binary distribution comes with all the dependent
jars and pre-built samples, so you should be able to easily run the samples
by just unzipping the distribution and using a simple java command in the
samples directory. For example:

Within samples\calculator:
java -cp target\sample-calculator.jar;..\..\lib\tuscany-sca-manifest.jar
calculator.CalculatorClient

Within samples\helloworld-ws:
java -cp target\sample-helloworld-ws.jar;..\..\lib\tuscany-sca-manifest.jar
helloworld.HelloWorldServer

Within samples\helloworld-wsclient:
java -cp target\sample-helloworld-wsclient.jar;..\..\lib\tuscany-
sca-manifest.jar helloworld.HelloWorldClient

HTH, let us know how it goes.

   ...ant

Re: Running samples

Posted by Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com>.