Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by "Kotov, Alex" <AK...@dpscs.state.md.us> on 2005/09/02 13:57:33 UTC

Nutch on Intranet: segments DB update question

Hi all,

I would like to use Nutch as an Intranet search engine. My main concern
is the update of segments DB used by the WAR search module. There seems
to be no easy way to do it. One solution I tried is to build a brand new
index using crawl and try to replace the old segments dir. I am testing
on IBM WebSphere v. 6.0 running on Windows. So, the problem is that
segments dir is being accessed and it's impossible to replace the files.
The only way is to shut down WebSphere and that's not acceptable. I have
seen this question being asked previously, but it was never adequeately
answered. Has any one figured out how to update segments nightly without
shutting down the server?

     -Alex