Posted to dev@beam.apache.org by Carilli Giuseppe <Gi...@expleoitalia.com> on 2021/02/24 12:28:29 UTC

[Error] Unknown Coder URN java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Unknown Coder URN beam:coder:pickled_python:v1 when running apache_beam.io.kafka.WriteToKafka

Hello,

I'm receiving the error java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Unknown Coder URN beam:coder:pickled_python:v1  when running apache_beam.io.kafka.WriteToKafka.

This is the transformation that gives me the error (The implementation should be correct):

from apache_beam.io.kafka import WriteToKafka

(my_pcollection

| 'Write to Kafka topic' >> WriteToKafka(
   producer_config={"bootstrap.servers": "localhost:9092"},
   topic="my_topic",
   key_serializer="org.apache.kafka.common.serialization.ByteArraySerializer",
   value_serializer="org.apache.kafka.common.serialization.ByteArraySerializer",
   ))

Can you please give me support on this?

Thank you.

Re: [Error] Unknown Coder URN java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Unknown Coder URN beam:coder:pickled_python:v1 when running apache_beam.io.kafka.WriteToKafka

Posted by Chamikara Jayalath <ch...@google.com>.
Thanks. I created https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/BEAM-11938 for
tracking this.

BTW are you able to reproduce this with the Kafka Taxi [1] example or did
it only occur with a different pipeline ?

If you can add any information that can be used to reproduce this to the
JIRA that will be helpful.

Thanks,
Cham

[1]