Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Gary Yang <fl...@gmail.com> on 2017/03/16 14:31:21 UTC

Is it possible to upgrade to Gradle build ? Re: AIR 25 released

I tried a few times digging into Flex build, did not prepare enough time
and knowledge.

I feel like it could be a lot easier if it could be built with Gradle, is
it possible? how much effort could it be?

-Gary

Re: Is it possible to upgrade to Gradle build ? Re: AIR 25 released

Posted by Carlos Rovira <ca...@codeoscopic.com>.
Hi Gary,

at least for what I know, people here does not use to to work with Gradle.
Maybe Chris Dutz. I ear about it and wanted to try it , but finaly never
did. So IMHO if you want to build with gradle and know how to do it I
propose that you implement that build yourself and donate to the project in
order to have this done. If not I doubt someone else could bring it.

Thanks

> I tried a few times digging into Flex build, did not prepare enough time
> and knowledge.
>
> I feel like it could be a lot easier if it could be built with Gradle, is
> it possible? how much effort could it be?
>
> -Gary
>
> On Thu, Mar 16, 2017 at 5:28 AM, hferreira <hf...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > AIR 25 is now released.
> > I would like to update to the lasted Flex 4.16 (thanks for provide that)
> > but
> > with AIR 25 directly from the installer.
> > Can you update the installer ?
> >
> > Regards,
> > Hugo.
> >

> > --

Carlos Rovira
Director General
M: +34 607 22 60 05
http://www.codeoscopic.com
http://www.avant2.es

proceda a su destrucción.

necesaria.

AW: Is it possible to upgrade to Gradle build ? Re: AIR 25 released

Posted by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de>.
Well from my point of view gradle is the solution in half way in between ant and Maven. It should be easy to supply a gradle build in addition to ant and Maven, but we shouldn't relax the requirements on the build and give up on Maven.

Chris

Von: Gary Yang <fl...@gmail.com>
Datum: 16.03.17 10:31 (GMT-05:00)
An: dev@flex.apache.org