Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Attilio Ciochetto & Michelle Simmons <in...@att.net> on 2014/06/30 21:13:25 UTC

Margins & Other Issues

I am trying to create a document that has one inch margins all around but the first page has a three inch top margin for the letterhead paper.  I have gone through the Help in the program and searched the forums until my head is pounding.  Neither is helpful at all in my opinion.  In Microsoft Word I can go to the menu, set the margins and push a button to make it apply from the point of where the cursor is.  Your program is not that easy.  Please tell me how I can make a document that has a three inch top margin for the letterhead paper used on the first page with one inch margins all around for the rest of the pages.

I was taught that the standard margins are one inch all around for documents yet your program has a default of .79" margins all around.  I don't understand why you have that if the standard is one inch.  How can I change the default to be one inch all around each time I create a new document?

Why do I have to create a whole new document just to print an envelope with an address?  I just want to put the address in and have it print.  Instead, I put the address in then I have to create a whole new document BEFORE I can print the envelope.  In Microsoft Word it prints the envelope without first creating a whole new document.  Can OpenOffice work on this feature?

At times I have highlighted text to edit and inadvertently left the text highlighted when I print the document so all that is printed is the highlighted text.  I have never had this problem before using your program.  Can I turn this off?

Thank you for your help.

Michelle

BELTONE HEARING CENTER
INDY NORTH OFFICE
2250 W. 86TH ST. STE. 160
INDIANAPOLIS, IN. 46260
(317) 334-4444

Re: Margins & Other Issues

Posted by 許哲崇 <fi...@gmail.com>.
Pay money to Microsoft, then you will love it.
Spend your labor and time into OpenOffice, then you will love it.

Re: Margins & Other Issues

Posted by Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>.

--
Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>