Posted to user@forrest.apache.org by Sjur Moshagen <sj...@mac.com> on 2005/01/27 15:50:08 UTC

Does a status.dtd make sense?

Hello,

I would like to have editing support for the status.xml file found at
the root of a standard Forrest seed. But I could find no status.dtd or
similar.

So I made my own status.dtd, which is basically a wrapper around the
exising changes.dtd and todo.dtd (based on v1.2 of those files). Would
there be any interest in such a DTD? Should I open a new bug to attach
the files to?

Or is there a specific reason why there is no such dtd?

Regards,
Sjur

Re: Does a status.dtd make sense?

Posted by Sjur Moshagen <sj...@mac.com>.
Sorry it took so long - planned to update the DTD to version 1.3
(corresponding to v.13 of the changes.dtd and todo.dtd), but never had
the time to do it. So you got what I have :-/ - please improve! :-)

På 27. jan. 2005 kl. 19.52 skrev Ross Gardler:

> Yes, there would be interest. There was discussion on the dev list a
> few weeks ago about enhancing status.xml. This enhanced functionality
> would be moved into a plugin and that plugin would then (in an ideal
> world) develop into a project tracking plugin with links into popular
> bug tracking systems and the like.
>
> The first stage would be the creation of a status.xml DTD and you just
> did that for us :-))
>
> Please create an issue and attach the file
> http://issues.cocoondev.org/secure/CreateIssue!default.jspa

http://issues.cocoondev.org/browse/FOR-436

There is no reference to this e-mail thread (or the one in dev) because
of problems with the mail archive. Will be added as soon as the archive
is back up and running.

Posted by Ross Gardler <rg...@apache.org>.
Sjur Moshagen wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I would like to have editing support for the status.xml file found at
> the root of a standard Forrest seed. But I could find no status.dtd or
> similar.
>
> So I made my own status.dtd, which is basically a wrapper around the
> exising changes.dtd and todo.dtd (based on v1.2 of those files). Would
> there be any interest in such a DTD? Should I open a new bug to attach
> the files to?
>
> Or is there a specific reason why there is no such dtd?
>
> Regards,
> Sjur

Yes, there would be interest. There was discussion on the dev list a few
weeks ago about enhancing status.xml. This enhanced functionality would
be moved into a plugin and that plugin would then (in an ideal world)
develop into a project tracking plugin with links into popular bug
tracking systems and the like.

The first stage would be the creation of a status.xml DTD and you just
did that for us :-))

Please create an issue and attach the file
http://issues.cocoondev.org/secure/CreateIssue!default.jspa

Ross