Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by sudhir patil <sp...@gmail.com> on 2015/11/26 12:18:31 UTC

How to change blocksize for existing hbase table? Does alter table works?

I want to change block size of 3xisting table, So is alter table as
mentioned below, will this change block size for my table? Also do I need
to run major_compaction after alter table.

disable 'table1'
alter 'table1', { NAME => 'f1',  BLOCKSIZE => '16384', COMPRESSION =>
'SNAPPY', DATA_BLOCK_ENCODING => 'FAST_DIFF'}
enable 'table1'
major_compact  'table1'

Re: How to change blocksize for existing hbase table? Does alter table works?

Posted by sudhir patil <sp...@gmail.com>.
Alter table do work for changing block size,
http://www.cloudera.com/content/www/en-us/documentation/enterprise/5-3-x/topics/admin_configure_blocksize.html