Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Zemian Deng <th...@gmail.com> on 2006/05/23 21:36:06 UTC

can I setup svn server through Tomcat?

Hi, my Tomcat server hosting machine will not allow me to run any port
listening applications, and I only have access to Tomcat server and no
Apache web server. Is there a webapp module (servlet app) that I can deploy
and run as server to serve out svn files from a repository directory?

If the answer is no, is there an alternative way anyone can suggest?

Any help would be greatly appreciate it. Thanks
/zemian

Re: can I setup svn server through Tomcat?

Posted by sub paul <su...@gmail.com>.
Out of the box, probably not.

However, take a look at this:

http://sventon.berlios.de/ - its just a browser, and open source. Should
work for you. You might be able to play with it do commits for you.

worst comes to worst.. you can use javaSVN to do file reads.

http://tmate.org/svn/

HTH,
Paul

Posted by Ryan Schmidt <su...@ryandesign.com>.

Posted by Ryan Schmidt <su...@ryandesign.com>.
On May 23, 2006, at 23:36, Zemian Deng wrote:

> Hi, my Tomcat server hosting machine will not allow me to run any
> port listening applications, and I only have access to Tomcat
> server and no Apache web server. Is there a webapp module (servlet
> app) that I can deploy and run as server to serve out svn files
> from a repository directory?

I don't think so.