Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Manuel Ledesma <ma...@comcast.net> on 2006/09/18 02:02:31 UTC

Calling plugins sequentially

First of all, I only have two days working with maven. I have read the book
Better Buils with Maven completely and any possible documentation found in
maven.apache.org.

I would like to call two o more plugins sequentially, example

- user-profile-plugin - loads user properties into maven runtime
environment.

- weblogic-plugin - start weblogic, needs some property set by previous
plugin

They are no part of any phase since they can be called outside of maven
lifecycle.

Example:

mvn org.company.plugin:weblogic-plugin:startwl  - this will start weblogic

I would like the plug-in user-profile-plugin be called before running
weblogic-plugin. Please, let me know is there a way of doing or which
approach should I follow in case that Maven does not support it.

Thx in advance.

Re: Calling plugins sequentially

Posted by dan tran <da...@gmail.com>.
Create a pom, place the plugins configuration in sequence. Bind Each
plugin's execution to the same phase.

ie you can bind 2 executions from diffrent plugins to the same phase. The
order of executions are the
order of plugins appear in the pom

-D

Posted by dan tran <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.
[moving back to users@maven]

On 9/17/06, Manuel Ledesma <ma...@comcast.net> wrote:

> I would like to be able to call just one and trigger the execution of the
> other.

You can define both of them in a profile, and activate it.  You may
need to bind them to different phases if you have trouble with
execution order.

--
Wendy

RE: Calling plugins sequentially