Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Kristian Rosenvold <kr...@gmail.com> on 2011/07/07 12:16:05 UTC

Transitive release notes from Jira ?

I see we all do this great job of tracking issues/bugs in Jira, but at
some point we just move one of the dependent libraries from "2.1" to
"2.2" or from "2.1 to 3.0".

I somehow find that I need to create linked issues for some important
changes, such as creating a MJAR issue called "updated plexus-archiver
to version 2.0 to get java 1.7 file attribute support"; but I also feel
that I am repeating myself in oh so many ways when I do this. Is there
any way to get the "proper" transitive diff between version X and Y in
jira that can be used in creating release notes ?

(And not just 1 level,  there's sometimes important fixes going on deep
in the dependency hierarchy and I find I forget things I've done
myself ;)

Kristian

Re: Transitive release notes from Jira ?

Posted by Paolo Compieta <pa...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Jul 7, 2011 at 12:16 PM, Kristian Rosenvold <
kristian.rosenvold@gmail.com> wrote:

> any way to get the "proper" transitive diff between version X and Y in
> jira that can be used in creating release notes ?
>
> Kristian

This idea got stuck in my head: I think such functionality would save
really much time in every projects and company.
Just created https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-27503 as a New Feature
Request - feel free to comment/vote.

Paolo